- Dry clean for first wash.
- Afterwards, gently hand wash with mild detergent.
- Do not soak any cotton dress & do not wash with another garment.
- Dry inside out in shade.
- Taking care of your clothes will keep them looking good and fresh for longer.
- Water is precious. Wash garments only when necessary. Airing it after every use will keep them fresh for use, a couple of times.
- Some of our cottons are either handloom woven or hand-block printed. Wash such products by hand for the first few times. Cold machine wash is ideal for later use. Do not dry the outfits in the drier.
- Some fabrics may shed excess colour. Certain ikats and block- printed textiles are prone to excess bleeding. In such cases it is advised that you dry clean the garments using the services of a reputed dry cleaner.
- In other cases, wash the clothes carefully by hand.
Sorting: Sort clothes colour-wise. Wash only similar coloured garments together.
Soaking: Put a small quantity of mild detergent in a half-filled bucket of cold water. Soak the garment in the soapy solution for five minutes. Do not soak for a longer duration. Pre-soaked garments must be washed immediately.
Rinsing: The soiled areas can be rubbed gently by hand. Do not use a solid bar of soap or a brush. Rinse the garment a few times in cold water to remove the detergent completely.
Starching: A final dip in a diluted solution of liquid starch will render a crisp finish to the garment. Do not wring too much.
Drying: Drying your clothes under the sun causes colour-fading. Therefore, hang them out to dry in the evenings or in shade. Garments should be hung straight to dry on rust-proof hangers (either plastic or wooden). In case you are unable to dry them straight, you can also flat dry them.
Ironing: Do not iron directly on block-prints, embroidery, etc. Such clothes should be turned inside out and ironed lightly.
Storage: Store garments in a cool, dry, place protected from sunlight. Keep whites and light coloured garments away from the darker coloured ones. Use aromatic sachets to dispel cupboard odours.
Silk and Silk blends: Silk and silk blend fabrics must be dry cleaned only. Store carefully in cloth covers with a few scented sachets.